NineSigma, representing Asahi Kasei Co. (headquartered in Japan), invites novel business ideas or unique use-case scenarios to be enabled by their globally best-in-class position estimation and activity recognition technologies. Based on these proprietary technologies, Asahi Kasei is eager to develop new solutions or service businesses that address local needs or niche needs unique to the United States.
Contest winners may have the opportunity to further develop their proposed ideas. Winners may gain financial support, mentorship or access to Asahi Kasei’s cutting-edge materials or components for electronics, healthcare, housing, etc. Funding and terms of these interactions will be negotiated accordingly after the execution of a confidentiality agreement between the parties.
Please refer to the Contest Summary for background inforrmation and further detail.
A total prize pool of $35,000 USD is available. Asahi Kasei will select up to 3 (three) Entries as Cash Prize Winners, in the form of:
- 1st Place Prize Winner: $20,000 USD
- 2nd Place Prize Winner: $10,000 USD
- 3rd Place Prize Winner: $5,000 USD
All Prize Winners will be invited to a celebration Event in Tokyo, Japan. Travel expenses (flight and accommodation) for one person per winning Entry is to be covered by Asahi Kasei
Phase 1: Primary screening (short proposal review)
1) Entrants will submit a short non-confidential proposal covering the following items: Name, affiliation, idea (target user/application, value proposition), how Asahi Kasei’s solution is utilized.
2) Asahi Kasei will evaluate all Entries against the key success criteria. Ten (10) Entrants will be selected as semi-finalists and invited to advance to Phase 2.
Phase 2: Final screening (presentation review)
3) Selected Semi-finalists are invited to a 30 minute (including QA) pitch to Asahi Kasei’s review committee at their US office (CA: Travel expense up to $1,000USD/proposer is to be covered), or alternatively an on-line videoconference session.
– Items to be covered in the presentation: Name, affiliation, Idea (target user/application, value proposition), how Asahi Kasei’s solution is utilized to develop the idea into practice, how to capture value (business model)
- Your compelling proposal should be supported by a concise technology description, and include supporting
- To participate, Entrant must be 18 years or older, or the age of majority in individual’s country of origin.
- Eligible contestants include:
- Students enrolled in colleges, universities, and technical schools.
- All undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students are eligible.
- Not only students but also start-ups are welcome.
Comment this news or article